Saturday, May 16, 2009

6 days until court!

Wow. I cannot believe it! The last 12 weeks have gone by incredibly slow. I think the 6 months we waited for our referral went by faster. It is just having that precious picture and then seeing how much bigger he looks in every update really makes me miss him! Isn't that funny, because I don't even know him? Different times of the day I figure out what time it is in Addis and imagine what he must be doing. We are so ready to bring this kid home. The room, the clothes, the equipment is all ready and waiting. Packing - not so much. I don't want to start that until we have passed. I am afraid of ending up "on hold" and having to look at all the bags would be too hard, I think. But I have a big list, so we can throw it all together quickly if we need to.
For the past week or so I have started to think about the possibility that we may not pass. Before then I wouldn't even think of it. I read somewhere very unofficial that about 60% of the cases pass the 1st try. 40% do not. Ughhhh. Those odds are not that great to me. I know that God is sovereign so I shouldn't be worrying about this, but still I do. He will eventually be here, but we may have to be more patient than we want to be. A character quality in which I have plenty of room to grow. Please Lord, don't make me practice.
I think Gladney has at least 16 court dates next week! That is a huge number all within 3 days. I know many people are praying. We sure are.

8 comments:

Stephanee Potts said...

I have been thinking about you guys this week as it is getting so close. Praying for your baby to come home soon!!! How long after passing court until travel usually?

Katie said...

I am so excited for your family! We will pray that God's will be done and I will pray that your patience not be tested at this moment. Enjoy the process and keep us updated. Hugs!

Amy said...

Hey girl, I will be praying for your family this week. I can't wait to hear everyone's GOOD news this week.

Amy
court date 5/22

Robin said...

Praying for wonderful news tomorrow!!!!

Kara Lindsey said...

I can't wait to hear the happy news. Call me and lets set up a plan for this weekend too...sending lots of love, hugs and prayers your way.

coffeemom said...

Praying for court for you today!!!! Hoping for great news! M

Jen said...

Thanks for your kind words. We will be praying for you and your court date.

Jena said...

Praying for you too!!